Nkuringa Gorilla Lodge sits on Nteko ridge surrounded by a vibrant native community village. Nteko ridge Community Walk showcases the village cultures, people, colors and some of the most captivating aerial scenes of the wide Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, far backdrop of volcanic mountains and misty cloud over Nkuringo. The walk starts at the lodge and takes you 3-4 hours around the village and back.
Nteko Ridge Community Walk
Local guides from Nkuringo Community motivated by the success of the ‘Village Walk’ at Buhoma in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest have now developed a community village walk for visitors to Nkuringo. This guided walk provides visitors to Nkuringo as an additional activity to gorilla tracking. The duration of the walk is 3 to 4 hours and starts at Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge.
- Visit the suma waterfalls
- Nkuringo Hill View point known as ‘Top of the World’ – Experience a 360° view of Bwindi, the Virunga and far into the Dr Congo
- Be introduced to local trees and birds
- School visit – Be welcomed at our primary school
- Observe sorghum beer being produced
- Visit a homestead to sample some local foods
- See the local Blacksmith at work
- Visit the Women’s craft centre
- Enjoy dances performed by the a youth group
All the fees collected from this walk go back to supporting Nkuringo community projects.